Middle Eastern and African Spices Tin
This African and Middle Eastern Spice Tin from Spice Kitchen includes a stainless steel storage tin with 9 authentic spices in 7 individual tins, a recipe book and a metal spoon for accurate measuring.
African and Middle Eastern cuisine is vibrant and packed full of flavour. This spice tin includes all the spices needed to create authentic Middle Eastern food including homemade tagine, kofta, tabbouleh, baba ganoush or za-atar chicken. Give your tastebuds a treat with this carefully selected range of spices inspired by the East.
The African and Middle Eastern Tin is the perfect all-year-round gift for both budding home cooks and experienced chefs wishing to recreate authentic Middle Eastern meals at home. Especially popular with those looking to find a gift for those 'difficult to buy for' men in their lives.
The tin includes:
• Fenugreek. With hints of toasted maple, this adds both sweet and delicately bitter notes to stews and curries. Common throughout kitchens of the Middle East and North Africa
• Baharat. A rich, earthy Middle Eastern Spice mix combining allspice, black peppercorns, cardamon, cassia, cloves, coriander, cumin, nutmeg and paprika. Great to rub into meat as a marinade, especially lamb and chicken
• Berbere. One of the building blocks of Ethiopian Cuisine, combining dried red chilli, garlic, ginger, basil, cumin, nigella, caraway and fenugreek. Gives an amazing kick to stews and as a meat rub
• Ras el Hanout. A deep, warming spice mix used throughout North Africa, combining cumin, coriander, cinnamon, ginger, black pepper, turmeric and cardamon. Perfect to give depth to tagines
• Sumac. A beautifully tangy, vibrant spice with amazingly fresh citrus notes. Very versatile, can be used to garnish salads, hummus, or as a rub for meat and works brilliantly with fish
• Za'atar. The King of Middle Eastern spice mixes. A fragrant combination of oregano, marjoram, sumac, salt and SESAME seeds
• Harissa. A fiery North African chilli mix with dried red chilli, garlic, coriander, paprika and caraway. Great mixed with olive oil to make dressings for salads and couscous or as a marinade for meat
• Pul Biber/Aleppo Pepper. Grown in Syria and Turkey, these dried chilli flakes add a hint of cherry-like fruitiness to dressings and marinades. Mild heat, slight saltiness
• Urfa Biber. A dried Turkish pepper with a deep raisin, smoky flavour. Fantastic to rub into lamb or sprinkle over hummus.